Quilt Fever 2023 Rules of Entry
Deadline for Entry: January 17, 2023
- All guild members are encouraged to enter their work in the show regardless of their level of quilting experience.
- All entries must contain the work of at least one guild member. The contributions of other quilters must be acknowledged on the entry form.
- All entries must be clean and free of pet hairs and odours.
- You may enter one or more of the following items in the show: bed quilts, baby quilts, quilted throws, miniature quilts, wall hangings, art quilts and quilted items such as pillows, garments and table runners. Freestanding textile art items may be entered as well. Additional categories are available for professional judging and these are listed on the accompanying document Entries: Awards and Judging.
- Gallery space is limited but every effort will be made to use the priority ranking you submit to ensure at least one of your entries is included in the show. You will be notified well in advance of the show if we are unable to hang your entries.
- Items displayed in past Quilt Fever shows are not eligible. Items that were entered for Quilt Fever 2020 are eligible to enter Quilt Fever 2023 as well.
- No entry may be removed during the show.
- By entering an item in the show, you are expected to volunteer some time during the show week. A member of the Quilt Fever Committee may contact you to discuss how best you may help.
- Entry forms this year will be submitted online. You will receive a link by email that will take you to the online form. The link will also be available on the EQG website. You must fill out a separate form for each of your entries.
- A photo of your quilt is required for show planning purposes and will not be used for any other guild purpose. This photo may be of a completed quilt or work in progress. You may upload a JPEG image file where indicated in the entry form or you may send it as an email attachment to Adele Gataveckas at email@example.com with your form.
- Unless you would like your quilt to be judged there is no charge for entry. There is a $5 fee for each quilt submitted for judging. To streamline processing this fee, please submit payment by credit card where indicated on the entry form or by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org If these options are not feasible, please contact Jane Sanders (email@example.com) to arrange payment.
- For identification purposes, each entry must have a cloth label attached to back lower reverse of your item showing your name and the title of the entry. This may be a temporary label attached with safety pins. Do not use straight pins.
- Your entry must have a minimum 3” wide hanging sleeve stitched across the upper back of the quilt. Pinned sleeves will not be accepted. If your quilt is wider than 90”, please divide the sleeve into 2 or 3 separate segments to allow us to add additional support to prevent the quilt from sagging while it is on display. Sleeve Construction: Cut 7” wide strips of fabric and piece them end to end to equal the width of your quilt. Finish each short edge with a ½” hem. With the wrong sides of the fabric together, fold sleeve in half and using a ½” seam allowance, stitch the long raw edges together. Press the seam allowance open such that the long seam is centred on one side of the sleeve. Place on the back of your quilt, seam side down, such that the top edge sits just below the binding and that it is centred side to side. Pin in place and stitch by hand along both long edges, having stitches close together and leaving the short ends open.
- If your quilt has special hanging requirements, please contact Adele Gataveckas at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to filling out the entry form to discuss your needs.
- You are responsible for delivering and picking up your items to NPCC during the times specified below. Items must be signed in with a Hanging Portfolio representative. A table for this purpose will be set up at the west main gallery doors. If you are planning for someone other than yourself to pick up quilt(s) for you after the show, please leave a signed written authorization for this purpose with the volunteer at the table. Drop off: 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm on Monday, March 20th
- At the end of the show, no quilts will be signed out until all quilts from both the hall and main galleries have been taken down and accounted for. Only Hanging Portfolio volunteers are permitted to take down quilts. Pick up: 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm on Saturday March 25th
- Your name and the title of your quilt will appear in both our printed program and our online program.
- Photos taken of your quilt during the show may appear in future EQG promotional materials and/or online content.
- Neither Neilson Park Creative Centre nor the Etobicoke Quilters’ Guild shall be held responsible for any theft, loss and/or damage to any article submitted to this show. We recommend that you contact your home insurance provider to see if they are able to give you coverage.
Additional Rules for Sale of Show Entries
- You agree to allow your name and email address to be given to buyers.
- Any sale of an item in the show galleries is subject to a 15% commission fee to NPCC.
- If your item is sold during the show, you agree that NPCC will collect payment and that they will arrange for the pickup of the item by the purchaser in a timely fashion. No member of the Quilt Fever 2023 Show Committee will transfer sold entries to purchasers. NPCC will issue payment to the Quilt Fever Committee chairperson within 21 days of the show. The chairperson will then distribute cheques to the entrants.